I recently watched a teacher teach in a very angry and stern manner.
This caused the students to lack excitement to learn. I believe it is important
to cultivate a happy and peaceful teaching environment because it enhances
student learning and development. I believe your attitude determines your level
of happiness. Having the right attitude in any situation can lead to happiness.
Even though many tough moments occur in teaching, remembering to stay positive
and keep the right attitude can change your entire teaching experience. Teachers
who tend to be negative and angry need to let go of their mistakes and regrets
and see what they can do to change their ways. To gain happiness, I believe
there are techniques teachers can use. First, teachers need to look inward.
They need to explore their inner hearts and make sure they have peace within
themselves. Peace within will result in happiness. Teachers also need to look
outward. They need to reach out to the outside world and appreciate what they
have by looking at others in the world. Using attitude adjusting methods such
as these can help teachers and students develop their inner hearts and souls
while guiding them to make good choices and live happy lives. Happy teachers
create an environment that will influence students’ happiness.
What do you believe causes happiness? Do you believe it is
individuals or others as well?
I believe that the happiness of one individual is not significant as the happiness of the whole or of others. Teachers need to realize that some students may be uncomfortable with gaining new knowledge and may become frustrated when learning new material. Teachers build happiness amongst students by taking enough time, staying patient, and allowing students to come from the dark to the light. This formula creates happiness in a classroom environment, not only with the teacher, but also with the students. Teachers should teach students in sequential steps in order to gradually build on knowledge without overwhelming them.
ReplyDeleteI personally put more emphasis on students’ thought process. I am a firm believer that education and knowledge build through one’s contemplation of ideas and material. Someone may think and understand incorrectly at first. However, as their education and knowledge develop, they can mentally alter their schema and understand the correct information on a deeper level. Even though I see the importance of the end product, I believe that the thought process will give a teacher more insight on the academic development of students.
ReplyDeleteIn my professional opinion, happiness directly connects to fairness. Happiness only occurs when people treat each other with equality. When teachers are aware of this association between happiness and equality, they potentially gain the ability to create a happy classroom. Without impartiality, happiness cannot occur. Teachers should be aware of different prejudices such as gender roles. The idea that one gender is more capable than the other will stifle happiness. When groups of people treat each other fairly, hostility rarely occurs. Happiness within yourself develops by knowing that you are as valued as others. Not only do you value others, but also sensing value and fairness from others is an important part of experiencing happiness.
ReplyDelete